I got a drive license in a year 2000, and immediately started driving a car in Korea. But, I took again a driving test in the Unites States. To register my vehicle, I went to the DMV(Department of Moto Vehicles) along with the auto insurance evidence in Jan. 2006. Since it was 3pm, not that late, I also applied for the written test. To tell you the truth, I was a bit tired, and wanted to return home letting the test wait. However, because DMV is always thronged with people, I would definitely waste more than time I spent right now waiting for my turn if I come to DMV again next time for the written test. It was without doubt the time waste. The written test are usually provided by 5pm, so I was able to take a test at once. There were a few steps: they searched my information first and snap my photo. In San Diego, the Korean-written-questionary sheet was available. A DMV worker gave me a pencil and two pieces of sheet for a test:a question and an answer paper, respectively. All of the problems are multiple choices and you can fill a blank with a pencil. It was very simple and familiar to us.On the left side of the application windows, there were a few desks that were partitioned with screens at both sides. She told me to go to one of empty desks and get started my test when I was ready. Two or three applicants were working on their tests. It was not more difficult than I thought. But, a few of problems cofused me. Struggling with them for about 10 more minutes, I looked up at the clock which was placed on the wall over my head. Nobody told me that time' up. There seemed to be no time limit. Going it over roughly, I turned it in to the worker sitting at the application desk. She pulled her drawer and took out something there. That was the answer sheet punched holes on the right answers. She put her answer sheet on mine and began to grade how many answers I missed. I was lucky enough to get eligible for the standard. The pass an exam at the first try was attributed to the lovely Korean sheet. ^^
The DMV promptly issued me a temporary license, a paper featuring my both personal and automobile information. A practical road test was scheduled two weeks later. With a temporary drive license, I could drive my own car, preparing for the road test. The result? Of course, I went it through! Drive with caution and show him/her that you do your best to follow the traffic rules. Then, you will pass with ease as long as something unusual will not take place. Before the test started, the inspector threw me many questions and directions about car stuff;turn on the right or left light, push your foot break, honk a horn, function defrost, and so on. Most of all, three hand signals-a proceeding driver signals to the back driver with his/her left hand outside a window:right turn, left turn, and stop- were brought up without exceptions.
"You made it". When I heard it from the inspector, it was like I gained the whole world. I was really proud of my self. I felt as if I had accomplished something valuable. I really wanted to show off this to my family. With a view to bragging it, I called my husband in Korea. Hey! Get excited.
Submitting the paper that the inspector marked "pass" to the window, I was told that my driver licence would be mailed in two weeks. By that time, I could use the interim driver license which was issued just after passing practical road test.
1 comment:
Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment