I heard that some newly-constructed apartments are fully equipped with furniture and electronic goods, but built-in home furniture and electronic products are somewhat new to most of Koreans.Most of Korean couples generally start their marriage with every requisite stuff getting ready;a bride side bears the expense of household supplies. But, It could be different because every marriage differs from depending on each family's financial situation or custom.
Today, I wan to mention laundry to be done differently. Since the 90% of all Korean households possess their own washing machines when they get married, Korean housewives do laundry at home. There are laundry shops for the singles or the young in some areas but those are not the way we are used to. Laundry is something that we commonly do at home. Washing, rinsing, and spinning, we hang the wet clothes on a clotheslines in the porch(veranda) when the sun goes up. The sun completely makes dry our clothes. We do not need to make sure a drying machine is involved on the wedding check-list. The natural resource, the sun, is our drying machine. It was true until I got married. Nowadays, things have changed. It is reported that the rate of selling luxury (drum) washing machines has been gradually increasing. This product has the function of drying as well as washing. At any rate, the drying machine was popularized in recent.
But, as you know, here, there are something different. First, many apartment have a common laundry room(shop) for their inhabitants' convenience. A washing costs for $1.50 and a drying for $0.20, respectively(I am not sure). Don't get me wrong. Most of the ordinary families in the United States have good washing/drying machines at home.
Anyway, we do not lose our patience with two or third- time-using laundry shop. It seems pretty tolerable. But more than four times, It was nothing but chores. Too troublesome: get ready for coins in advance, carry a clothes basket, and endure unsanitary condition of laundry room. I am so wondering who are using this laundry shop other than either us like temporary residents or students.
But, as you know, here, there are something different. First, many apartment have a common laundry room(shop) for their inhabitants' convenience. A washing costs for $1.50 and a drying for $0.20, respectively(I am not sure). Don't get me wrong. Most of the ordinary families in the United States have good washing/drying machines at home.
Anyway, we do not lose our patience with two or third- time-using laundry shop. It seems pretty tolerable. But more than four times, It was nothing but chores. Too troublesome: get ready for coins in advance, carry a clothes basket, and endure unsanitary condition of laundry room. I am so wondering who are using this laundry shop other than either us like temporary residents or students.
Secondly, I've nerve ever seen people hanging clothes at their veranda. Wait, I am not sure whether CA has the rule limiting hanging clothes to dry outside home. But when you hang your shirts and pants at the porch or veranda, you must get a call from the leasing office in a few minutes. A neighbour probably gives notice to the office. People consider the surrounding and environment first.
Then, what are you going to do? You should use a drying machine, though the sun is hot over our head. At first, I dried my stuff using theses machines-luckily, my apartment with two beds has washing/drying machines at home. In the beginning, it was really nice and convenient. I thought I could be happy without the sun. However, I found that something wrong happened to our clothes. They got shorter and smaller. Have our children outgrown their clothes? No! The clothes shrank little by little because of heat of drying machine. Ever since I got to know our clothes got smaller, I do not use a drying machine, except for underwear drying. Instead, by using many hangers, I hang the wet clothes on the shower-curtain bar for two days, and then put them inside a dry machine to get rid of dust and dirt from clothes for 5 minutes. Drying machine takes off dust and dirt from clothes, I think. Now, laundry ends. No, not yet. They are waiting to be put away to the closet ahead of you.
Then, what are you going to do? You should use a drying machine, though the sun is hot over our head. At first, I dried my stuff using theses machines-luckily, my apartment with two beds has washing/drying machines at home. In the beginning, it was really nice and convenient. I thought I could be happy without the sun. However, I found that something wrong happened to our clothes. They got shorter and smaller. Have our children outgrown their clothes? No! The clothes shrank little by little because of heat of drying machine. Ever since I got to know our clothes got smaller, I do not use a drying machine, except for underwear drying. Instead, by using many hangers, I hang the wet clothes on the shower-curtain bar for two days, and then put them inside a dry machine to get rid of dust and dirt from clothes for 5 minutes. Drying machine takes off dust and dirt from clothes, I think. Now, laundry ends. No, not yet. They are waiting to be put away to the closet ahead of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment