All have their own names; we call them the noun. ^^
My nick name is JUDY, and my friends and families think JUDY equals me. Surprisingly, not surprisingly, all nonliving things are also having their peculiar names. Some names are created, while others come from something/someone great. Irrespective of being original, imitative, or adjusted, every name is regarded as the object itself.
Back to my childhood, I was so naive that I could take things as they were. In those days pets were the unusual concept to us in Korea. I'd never ever seen any pets in and around my neighborhood. Pets appeared only on TV and all their names were "HAPPY". Since about 90% of pets were called HAPPY, I took "HAPPY" as one of doggy names, not an adjective meaning joyful and blessed. Even this moment, I am struggling with English. Yet, English was the kind of language beyond the earth at that time. I used to be ignoramus itself about English.

Meantime, a new brand of ramyon(an instant noodle) named HAPPY came into the market. A very simple-hearted student, JUDY, was at a loss because she found that ramyon was named after dog's name. WHY? There are things having great names around us, however, why they gave a name to human food with dog's name? I was seriously perplexed.
My nick name is JUDY, and my friends and families think JUDY equals me. Surprisingly, not surprisingly, all nonliving things are also having their peculiar names. Some names are created, while others come from something/someone great. Irrespective of being original, imitative, or adjusted, every name is regarded as the object itself.
Back to my childhood, I was so naive that I could take things as they were. In those days pets were the unusual concept to us in Korea. I'd never ever seen any pets in and around my neighborhood. Pets appeared only on TV and all their names were "HAPPY". Since about 90% of pets were called HAPPY, I took "HAPPY" as one of doggy names, not an adjective meaning joyful and blessed. Even this moment, I am struggling with English. Yet, English was the kind of language beyond the earth at that time. I used to be ignoramus itself about English.

Meantime, a new brand of ramyon(an instant noodle) named HAPPY came into the market. A very simple-hearted student, JUDY, was at a loss because she found that ramyon was named after dog's name. WHY? There are things having great names around us, however, why they gave a name to human food with dog's name? I was seriously perplexed.
The second puzzlement was the women' menstrual pad named FREEDOM. When I reached the age of puberty, teen-aged girl, my period(menstruation) had started. Menstruation was not shameful, but I felt like the taboo that was not allowed to be spoken out.Anyway, one brand of the sanitary pad, FREEDOM, was diffused throughout the teens. I guessed wrong in a way I took "HAPPY". I thought FREEDOM was the original name of pads. Despite extremely splendid meaning of freedom, I could not speak of that word because I felt some shy with that word, which had been under misapprehension.
While that word, FREEDOM, was mistaken, I happened to listen to the music sung by handsome male duet, WHAM. The song was "FREEDOM" repeating "FREEDOM" a couple of time in its lyrics. I got filled with shame. WHY they sing a song about women' sanitary towel? It was hard to be understood. How stupid I was!
No comments:
Post a Comment