In Korea, we have the volume-rate garbage disposal system;I look up this word from the dictionary. It sounds weird, though. Roughly speaking, we get fined if we throw any waste without putting them in standard plastic garbage bag, which are on sale in a nearby grocery. Moreover, we can just take these garbage bags outside only on fixed dates like Mon. Wed. and Fri. It depends on the policy of each government office.
How could I dump something big like my bed, closets, and table? I have to purchase the permit from the local government office to throw them away. It is prohibited from fling away any things without the permission.
In conclusion, we have to pay some money to littering the waste; a standard plastic bags or permission. Every district is able to collect money from the sales of this plastic bag and permission to their residents.

How about the United States?First, the local government does not seem to be involved in this waste disposing. They do not have any restrictions on the waste as far as I know. No plastic bags provided by the law are need. Neither is the permission. Then, who are taking away all waste from our apartment? It is the private disposing company that have been chosen by the leasing office. The only thing I do is to pay money for disposing to that company(This is the case of the apartment). All tenants are allowed to put their worn and big sofa out by the disposal place without any permission. At first, I was afraid of being fined for dumping my table outside without any notice. I felt obligated to do something such as report to the leasing office. This system was unfamiliar to me.
Another unfamiliar was the disposal installed in the sink of the kitchen. I've never seen it before in Korea. Lots of softy food refuse can be disposed at the sink. Very easy and simple, but it sometimes stops when the refuse is stuck. Be careful!
2 comments:
So much to sort through nowadays.
Hi! Joe.
I've lived in the United States for around one year, but it is not easy to know what their lives look like. From my apartment, I could rarely see anyone who sort through the wastes. Many of thme do that? Hum...to where? So wondering!
Anyway, thanks for coming! Have a good one!
Post a Comment