The mailing services from the post office used to be a single and a significant manner to allow people to correspond to one another while ago. Later that time, as the Internet and the mobile phone services began to rapidly penetrate amongst people, the post office had lost a lot of their clients. Less and less people counted on their mailing services, and it looked the post office backed up and exaggeratedly needed to either close down or reduce their scales to make ends meet. To survive, what they brought to the market was the banking services being certainly run by the government. In my case, I had a couple of saving accounts at the post office in the past to benefit from their higher interest on a fixed deposit than others' if I remember rightly.
The United States Post Office doesn't seem to offer those banking services, then what else services do people use at the post office here? It is surely right that mailings are still their dominant ways to inform each other, but running their offices with only mailing services could not pay off. There has to be be more than that. Today, I heard from Carolyn that many people have rented mail boxes from the post offices. Wait a minute! Is that an address beginning with P.O. BOX ####? Wow! I never thought about they were mail box numbers in a post office. My guess was that business bodies or huge companies would be assigned with P.O. Box. addresses according to the law. What a silly lady!
When I showed a wondering face about why people spend money and time for that, Carolyn explained more to me. Some people might need some protections not to expose their personal information. A divorced lady, one of Carolyn's acquaintances, ought to cover her place from her Ex who had abused her in their marriage. Also, most people do not like their information being shared with unknown people. In our society, all require us to put down our address for even a tiny little thing. This is how our system is going, and we do not know who would grab our personal information for bad intentions. What a creep! For this reason, mail boxes at post offices are continuously in common use. It makes sense. Their personal secured feeling, of course, get accomplished at the expense of their a bit bothering efforts: periodically coming and going between their houses and the post offices to pick up their mails. However, it is worthy to try for those who are sort of in personal danger. A single women could be one of the candidates, I think. Those services are available at the post office and private mailing service companies as well, such as FedEx or UPS. If I go to there someday in the future, I will ask them about those services in detail.... just for fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment