Last Saturday, I went on a hike to Dulegil, a well known hiking trail on Mt. Bukhan. Dulegil is a combination Korean word of 'around' and 'path' so it might be trail in English. Dulegil is made for strolling so it is flat for the most part. Dulegil is a right outdoor activity for someone who likes light exercise. Still, Dulegil strolling I believed to be so easy to finish caused pain to me. Since Saturday was next day when we came back from the family union for the Chuseok, I wasn't actually in good condition from the beginning.
We walked from the first to the forth section of Dulegil. It took five hours to complete all four sections. I kept feeling like giving up and turning back all the time of walking. I had trouble in taking even one step forward. I desperately wanted to go back but I couldn't. There was no way to turn back. Everyone who once started strolling had to go ahead to his/her own destination. I rested for 10 minutes sitting on a bench along the way but I knew it wan't a real rest. A true relaxation came when I finished strolling.
Life is the same. I don't know who entered me in a life race. Whether continue or give it up isn't up on me. No matter how hard it is, I have to keep on. As long as I live, I have to go on to live. It looks like there are no exits(rest) until I run the whole course. Life only allows me some benches to take a rest.

No comments:
Post a Comment