Nothing is harder than to part with someone we love. Last year, I farewelled two times in a different way.
The wife of my husband's brother died from lung cancer the early November last year. It was a big shock to me. I knew she had a bad time battling cancer for a year, but I believed she would overcome and conquer that disease. However, she'd gone that way in vain. Death. I knew everyone has to die someday, but it wasn't my story till she passed away. In fact, there wasn't time to say good bye to her because she was in a deep coma for a week before her death. Death parted us. I don't know this parting is forever or temporary. I dwelt on the death for a long time since then. Sometime or other, I would die. Then, what is the death? Where would I go? Her sudden death was a trauma that made me terrified of living.
I sent my son to New Zealand last year for studying. For over three months, I was so sad that I just wept. While sleeping, eating, walking, and breathing, I just wept uncontrollably. I had a guilty conscience to send him off to a strange land where there was nobody he knows. It wasn't easy to get out of the grief for my lost. I looked as if dead. My heart still aches with missing him so much. There is an aching emptiness in my heart.
Farewell is so aching.
No comments:
Post a Comment