



I did ski first in my life last Monday, Martin Luther King's holiday. Since my husband finished three times learn-to-ski last Dec., I and my two kids took the ski lesson for the beginner which was put in the level 1 among 3 categories. As for my husband, he had the season pass- about $250 worth- including 3 times learn-to-ski classes for free. The year pass sells only in the early ski season so we had to buy more expensive tickets. We expected nothing less than that, but it cost beyond our thought.
Each ticket was more than $100 for just one lesson. We need to keep taking the lesson at least 3 times to do ski safely. Even after three times ski classes, it is not over. The separate tickets are required to do ski and take the lifts every time we get to the resort. The ski tickets are worth around $ 70, even excluding lifting tickets. One of acquaintances told us to go skiing at least 10 times in a year in order to ski on the gentle(and steep) slope smoothly. How expensive it is!
Full day lesson was from 9:50 am to 3:45 pm. We had 45minutes lunch break and then kept skiing. What I was taught was how to stop, lower the speed, and make the turning in safety. Every participant was perfect English speaker. Just I was a member of ELS. Therefore, I had a lot difficulty to understand fully what the instructor was saying. Since I was ignorant about ski, it was much harder to perceive it.
There were two points I need to remember. First, try to make a big triangle with my both feet to slow down. Second, only move my feet for turning and keep my body straight.
I did ski and turn by myself, yet I need to get used to control my feet for slowdown. I lost my balance in the middle of turning so I tumbled down 5 times. As expected, my kids had much fun to do ski. This Saturday, we are skiing again.
No comments:
Post a Comment