My driver's license was issued from the DMV, CA. It is not illegal to drive with this licence in Denver, CO. No matter where I go, it is OK. A driver's license says.. a kind of... that the owner of this plastic card is allowed to drive in the United States. In addition, A driver's license is so many times used to verify an individual's identification. The United States does not have the national-wide identification card, say, ID card. A driver's license is a de facto identify card.
However, every time filling the application form at DMV in California, I saw the first column asking to choose the kinds of cards you need;drive license? Or ID card? I wondered what the ID cards were for? What is the ID? Later soon, I came to know that these ID cards are issued for the seniors, most of who could not drive cars. The United States has a little bit more complicate government levels than us so I need to learn more. Each state has a little bit different governing systems. The DMV also depends on the states. But, one thing is the same; they are all notorious;callous department policies, long wait time, and unenthusiastic employees. ^^
How about Korea?
Naturally, all Korean have the national ID cards when they grew up old enough. Moreover, we can get the Drivers licenses when our ages get reached to a certain level, and these drivers licenses are also presented as another evidence of verifying the identification. In short, most of us have two cards, which are performed by separate government agencies. The Korea government agency corresponding to the DMV of the United States usually carries out the same works ; they administrate the registration of automobiles and the licensing of drivers. But, registering to vote is not their work. Another third agency is charging of all works about voting. Let me see...We (Korea governments) look more divided, but I am not sure if ours is more efficient.
By the way, why is DMV responsible for the registration of voting? Why there are always much more foreigners (just from the view of the physical condition) than the natives at DMV? They are all either immigrants or temporary residents like me? So curious.
However, every time filling the application form at DMV in California, I saw the first column asking to choose the kinds of cards you need;drive license? Or ID card? I wondered what the ID cards were for? What is the ID? Later soon, I came to know that these ID cards are issued for the seniors, most of who could not drive cars. The United States has a little bit more complicate government levels than us so I need to learn more. Each state has a little bit different governing systems. The DMV also depends on the states. But, one thing is the same; they are all notorious;callous department policies, long wait time, and unenthusiastic employees. ^^
How about Korea?
Naturally, all Korean have the national ID cards when they grew up old enough. Moreover, we can get the Drivers licenses when our ages get reached to a certain level, and these drivers licenses are also presented as another evidence of verifying the identification. In short, most of us have two cards, which are performed by separate government agencies. The Korea government agency corresponding to the DMV of the United States usually carries out the same works ; they administrate the registration of automobiles and the licensing of drivers. But, registering to vote is not their work. Another third agency is charging of all works about voting. Let me see...We (Korea governments) look more divided, but I am not sure if ours is more efficient.
By the way, why is DMV responsible for the registration of voting? Why there are always much more foreigners (just from the view of the physical condition) than the natives at DMV? They are all either immigrants or temporary residents like me? So curious.
No comments:
Post a Comment