2/04/2007

The Super Bowl

The Super Bowl is going on right now even in the harsh rainning;Indianapolis vesus Chicago. I have no idea of American Football, but its showtime is worth watching. All people are allowed to get down to the ground during showtime. People circle around the stage, singing with a showhost-he may be Prince, shaking their bodies. It looks like a concert.

Someone told me that I had to watch the Super Bowl, half time shows, and lots of advertisements between games in order to comprehend the America people's sprits. But, what are they?

John Elway had played a critical role in getting the Championship to Denver Football team. After that, he retired and became the automobile dealer. I saw his name on the licenceplate of my husband's van. The book I am reading also says that almost all football players sell a car or run the insurance agency after retirement. It makes a sense in terms of sale strategies.

Anyway, the Coca-cola is the sponsor of this game? Over 4 times did I see it, but each scene has different contents.

4 comments:

aRio said...

Hi judy!!
I watched Super Bowl too! But just like you, I had no idea about American Football at all, and I didn't even know what's the Super Bowl. I was under the impression that Super Bowl represents all the games they do during the season. How odd I was! Anyway yesterday, shortly before the game started, my hustand and I learned the rule of it over the internet and got prepared for the game with a cup of Peet's coffee(not with a coke or beer). And we just observed it rather than chearleading it. It was fun :)

Anonymous said...

안녕하세요? 우드비님...^^
제가 이해가 안되는 부분이 있어서요...
lots of advertisements between games in order to comprehend the America people's sprits.
이 무슨 뜻입니까?

아! 그리고 옆글에 hustand가 무슨 뜻인지요...혹...b를 t로 잘못 쓴 건가요?

아고...너무나...오랜만에...영어를 보니....^^
존 하루 되시구요...또 뵈요.^^

JUDY said...

Rico!
My husband tried to explain how to play the American Football, watching the Super Bowl next to me. Despite his trial, I had no idea, for I was absorbed in a book. Accidently, the book talked about the retired football players who usually sold the automobile or carried on the insurance business. A strange coincidence.

JUDY said...

잠룡님...
미국인들의 정신을 이해하기위해서는 슈퍼볼, 쇼타임, 그리고 게임중간중간의 많은 광고를 봐야한다더라.....라는 뜻인데요.

I had to watch AAA, BBB, and CCC. 즉, lots of advertisements between games는 마지막 CCC에 해당됩니다. 뒤에 연결된 in order to comprehend the -----이것은 미국사람의 정신을 이해하기 위해서...부사구로서 앞문장을 꾸며준다고 보면 되겠어요. 하하

그리고 제가 오타가 많습니다. 한번 쭉 걸러보고 올려야하는데...대충올리다보니 이렇게 오타투성입니다. 얼른 고쳐야지...하하하 Thank you!