My daughter goes to the Koelbel library to join a storytime every Wendsday. It is a half an hour program for reading and hand-crafting. Judy likes to participate in that program-listening and making something small.For services provided by the library, I need to get a library card first. It took less one minute to get it at the guest service desk. Once I got a card, my personal information like my account number is stored into the database of the Arapahoe library district. It means that I could use all of 9 branch libraries within Arapahoe library district. Koelbel library is one of them.
As they say from their websites, the libraries in the United States are more than the books. They are closely connected with their residents. Libraries offer not only borrowing services, but also visiting services for those who are homebound or disabled by ages or accidents. Even, I saw a reading service for someone who are in jail. A variety of materials and services are supplied by the libraries.
In Korea, I thought the libraries are only for the elementary school students or under. Otherwise, for someone who need the quiet place to study all day long. I've never visited them for my own reading since I grown up to a teenager. We do not feel close to the library because our libraries are not activated as much as thoes in the Unied States. Except for a few big, good libraries, other libraries have poor materials and equipments. It might be due to the lack of budget. Donation for the library is also unfamiliar to us. So, almost all libraries suffer from poverty of money, donation, and concern.
1 comment:
거기선 도서관이 다양하게 이용되나 봅니다.
Post a Comment