3/09/2007

Downtown

Do all downtown certainly have one way streets or some streets neamed in the ordinal number, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and so on.

Whenever I was downtown for some reasons, one way streets so often embarrassed me. Inevitably, there are also ordinal numbering streets.

Then, a question hits upon me. All downtown in the U.S. are the same? Actually, San Diego and Denver are all where I've been to by driving in person. I've of course been to San Francisco, but I have no idea because I was not interested in this idea at at that time.

Something are really new and weired to me, but people here do not think those things are someting unusual because they get used to it.

I have many things that make me a little bit embarrassed. For example, a lot of the stars and stripes flying here and there in the United States are also a kind of shocking. I never expect that because I thought the American have very a little interest or nationalism on their country. I know it sounds stupid. But, individualism seems too distant from the love or respect for their country. Anyway, I got to know that I was wrong. It seems tht the American are basically proud of their country.

No comments: