The State Capitol was one of the places where I'd like to go visit for a long time. It has taken more than 3 months to get there since January arrival at Denver. Up to date, the weather had not been that much cooperative with my one-day tour plan. The weather excuses me, in particular, my laziness.
I hesitated to get in the State Capitol shortly after taking pictures of them from the outside. Yes, I was afraid of getting disheartened because of my stiff manners and English. After three -minute hover just right before the main gate, I strode to the building. "Everything will be fine. I am a tourist, which means it is ok even if I do not know well of the language, culture, and ideas of this country. It is fair. " That thought decided me to get into the Capitol.
At the gate, I had expected a security guard to hold me for a second to check my ID. There was nobody who looked like a guard or security man. It is interesting that they do not inspect anybody who comes in the governmental agency. Most Korean government bodies do not allow somebody to enter without the security inspection from the gate. All visitors should be thoroughly examined against some possible dangers or terrors. But, here, they did not even ask me to show my ID. It was a kind of unexpected free!
The first thing caught my sight was a group of children surrounding a tour guide. They listened to him explain something about the Capitol. Passing through them, I followed a couple looking very kind. After a short aisle, a big rounded hall appeared. The hall was surrounded by three-story balcony, and many wonderful quilts were hanging on each balcony. At first, it was, I thought, their tradition hanging down some fabrics from the balcony. I just guessed that they looking like carpets were part of ornaments. After a moment, I got to know that it was "the quilt show" as I overheard the couple that I followed talking about the quilt event. Every space seemed to be covered with very gorgeous quilt works.
Meanwhile, I drifted to the Senate (holding the session) and the House (in recess). I saw the securities there at last. However, they did not even stop me going into the room. Oh my god! One of them told me to go up to the gallery seats for better pictures since I tried to pose to get a good angle. In Korea, visitors could not even dream of taking pictures of the floor when they are in tour. It was so impressed. No ID demand, no inspection, and even no disturbance for taking pictures to my heart's content.
I hesitated to get in the State Capitol shortly after taking pictures of them from the outside. Yes, I was afraid of getting disheartened because of my stiff manners and English. After three -minute hover just right before the main gate, I strode to the building. "Everything will be fine. I am a tourist, which means it is ok even if I do not know well of the language, culture, and ideas of this country. It is fair. " That thought decided me to get into the Capitol.
At the gate, I had expected a security guard to hold me for a second to check my ID. There was nobody who looked like a guard or security man. It is interesting that they do not inspect anybody who comes in the governmental agency. Most Korean government bodies do not allow somebody to enter without the security inspection from the gate. All visitors should be thoroughly examined against some possible dangers or terrors. But, here, they did not even ask me to show my ID. It was a kind of unexpected free!
The first thing caught my sight was a group of children surrounding a tour guide. They listened to him explain something about the Capitol. Passing through them, I followed a couple looking very kind. After a short aisle, a big rounded hall appeared. The hall was surrounded by three-story balcony, and many wonderful quilts were hanging on each balcony. At first, it was, I thought, their tradition hanging down some fabrics from the balcony. I just guessed that they looking like carpets were part of ornaments. After a moment, I got to know that it was "the quilt show" as I overheard the couple that I followed talking about the quilt event. Every space seemed to be covered with very gorgeous quilt works.
Meanwhile, I drifted to the Senate (holding the session) and the House (in recess). I saw the securities there at last. However, they did not even stop me going into the room. Oh my god! One of them told me to go up to the gallery seats for better pictures since I tried to pose to get a good angle. In Korea, visitors could not even dream of taking pictures of the floor when they are in tour. It was so impressed. No ID demand, no inspection, and even no disturbance for taking pictures to my heart's content.
The progress of proceeding was not that different from ours. One of remarkable differences is a form. The Korean National Assembly looks it sticks too much to formals in some cases. Nobody could bring any things like cups, personal lap-tops, drinks, and so on during the full session. On the other hand, the Senate of Colorado appeared to be a little bit mess, but very natural. I was surprised to see candy boxes, flowers and the vase, and disposables on the desk of staffs.
No comments:
Post a Comment