5/01/2007

The License plate



I got the Colorado license plate at last. It just took no more than 5 minutes. DMV has divided its branches according to the bussiness. This DMV takes only charge of the title and registeration for the motor vehicles.

It cost me about $69, and they are for own tax, license tax, and title fee. Since I picked up the regular license( because it is the cheapest of all), the officer gave me one among a bunch of plates she has in no time at all. It is weird feeling because I've never done this before in Korea. Take away the previous plate from California and Stick the new Colorado plate to my car. It must be something out of the ordinary.

I was also given the two TABs(the expiring year and the month, respectively) as an evidence of paying the tax. This tab is attached to rear plate only. In California, there is only one tab showing the expiration;the year and the month are placed on a tab. And, the the color of tab changes every year. I got green tab that will be expiring in May 2008. My husband's year tab is red, which means his expiration would come soon this year.

A month or more before the expiration for the vehicle tax, DMV sends the notice to all individuals by mail. If tax is paid, the owner would get the Tab from DMV. Why the tab color get different? It might be The police could probabely tell who pay the tax with the color of tab? If so, a good idea for lessening the tax evasion!

Anyway, so long my California number plate!

No comments: