I was on-line for a while, looking for volunteering jobs which help me to get more involved in their lives. Meanwhile, I found a volunteering job to go visit a senior citizen who can not stir because of her ages. She loves to see people from different countries and has a great sense of humor. I heard a lot about her memory, which were mostly in her childhood. Though trying to see her once a week, I could not occasionally make it because I was swarmed with many chores. Despite my showing up from time to time, whenever I visited her, she really thanked me for paying a visit to her. Oh! I feel guilty. She must be all alone. More frequentation!
An email inviting volunteers and staff over a brunch had reached me the other day. I left a message of attendance, reluctantly. To be honest, I do not think I deserve the appreciation brunch. I did just a little.
I went on a bruch after all. After a short eating, all participants shared how they got to begin the volunteer work and what they feel, goint into the volunteering. Their stories were all significant. Most of all, I was impressed with a couple of seniors who have been doing some volunteer work for their society. In theroy, they could not afford the volunteer because they looked too old. However, they apparently seemed so satisfied with their jobs. As far as they are in good health, they could engage in new jobs, volunteering works, and so on.
For a moment, I felt shame at slowing down my work. All participant volunteers were presented with Certificate of Appreciation as a token of gratitude about careing and giving. It was above my deserts, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment