5/03/2007

Emission Test

When someone wants to register his vehicle to DMV, the emission test is a thing that has to be done. For two years in the United States, I did this test two times.

First, when I bought the used car from a senior member in San Diego, I went through the emission test before going to DMV because the emission test was a must for the registration.

The second test was done right here in Denver two days ago. Since I am a recent resident here, my automobile should be registered again in Colorado. Say, my car needs testing once more. Two times tests in a row for two years. Too many, isn't it? What could I do? It can't be helped because the law is the law.

As the test is to protect the environment, a holding period could be another standard to assign the emission test duty to all drivers. Every several year, all the owners might be charged with this environmental inspection, the smoke test. In Korea, our vehicles are tested according to the time. Though the owner is changed by trading, there are no necessity for the exhaust gas test if the term doesn't become due.

No comments: