6/29/2007

A Sidewalk



A sidewalk!
Americans rarely walk except for jogging or strolling.
In general, I hardly ran across pedestrains on the sidewalk.
There are only those who are jogging, going on a hike, or exercising their dogs. It seems that sidewalks exist nothing but for walking for the sake of excercise. At first, I even thought that I would be arrested if I take a walk because nobody is not seen to walk. Silly!
As bussiness areas and residential districts in Korea are mixed in the same territory, we occasionally walk to a grocery store, a barber's, a bakery, a photo studio, and so on. It is needless to say that a lot of people walk on the street everywhere. Sidewalks are crowded with people. In some areas, there are no sidewalks that we have to walk along the traffic lanes. Very congested. Usually, I lost my temper because I could not put up with those crush.
On the contrary, sidewalks of the United States are so quiet that they have more spaces. Satisfied with free from intervention. Very peaceful! Downtown could be in a bustle. Still, it is OK because downtown is not my close neighbor. Downtown is downtown that is more likey to be up. How I envy their favorable environment!

No comments: