9/01/2007

The United States

San Diego, Denver, and Fort Collins!
For about one and half year, I moved three times in the United States. Each time, they are totally different in tearms of the weather, populations, neighbors, houses, schools and so on.

In San Diego where I'd lived first, I made a mistake that I thought San Diego represented all of the United States. Whenever I encountered something different from us, I just thought the whole United States was exactly so. To me, in other words, San Diego was the United States, itself. :)
Reflecting back to the life in San Diego, it was a full of inquisition. I tried to gain as much experience as I could. It was fun as I went them through. And, I met Nancy who was not only my tutor, but also a friend. If I had known her a bit earlier, I could have seen the lives of Americans more. Afterwards, I found a conversation partner, Arico who I met at ESL class. We came to know more by talking. As temporary residents, we had a great deal of common things we could sympathize. I hope she could get what she wants.

After that, I'd moved to Denver and lived for about 8 months. Here, I got much more used to the United States and learned that all states are not alike. Different states have different aspects. Different Education system caught my attention. Through my son's school life, I learned how important the interactions are between parents and teachers for our kid's successful school life. Due to the limited proficiency of language, I was always diffident that I was much likely to get around. I did not try to be part of them. However, it was wrong idea. My life is something that I have to make. My attitude makse a big difference. I was taught "Try to be more positive". Also, living in Denver was the turning point spiritually. I believe that the God got us, Missy and me, to meet each other. I regained peach and prayer. Thank God! There is one more, Adrain, who I could not leave out from my memory. She was my kids' tutor and very sweet to our family that I was pleased to talk with her. She will get married next year. Wish her happy marrige!

Somehow, I am in Fort Collins now. Two weeks passed. Very fresh! As I live around the CSU, I often saw a bunch of police patrolings. If I were first in Fort Collins, I should misjudge that the United States is the country of the police. But, I know the time and the place that I am living in the United States are showing just a part, not the whole. Make sure do not give away some decisions thoughtlessly. What I watched and felt was just a phase of entire society. Obviously, there are something beyond my experience and observation. Anyway, who ganna be my friends here? I am waiting. Though it does not happen right away, we eventually get to see.

No comments: