Hum...it must be three weeks ago when I went to girls' night out for the make-up party hosted by a lady working at the Body&Body work. There were about 20 ladies with different desires, nationalities, and reasons for coming there. It started a little after 7;00 p.m., and lasted longer than 9;00p.m.
It took so much time for all of us to try on one out of two-three lipsticks the host brought in. A bit bored and tired of waiting.I was sitting next to Christy, the co-hostess, who has hung out with me for a while. A lady, just right next to Christy, caught my attention somehow. She looked young, funny, open-mined, and outgoing person. Since she and I were a bit in a distance, we couldn't talk to each other much. Instead, our eyes met a lot, and it was like she and I showed each other some symphathy on some issues. For example, when I felt awkward about applying some samples on my skin, I made a frown face and looked around to seek for a kind of the agreement from others. Each time, she and I looked at each other and smiled, like showing the understanding about her/my feeling. Anyway, we were apart, even not being able to say "good bye' or 'see ya later" after the party. And she was gradually faded in my memory.
Last week, I posted my ad. looking for a friend just for a fun on the craigslist, hoping to get a friend. Two days later, a lady from Poland living in Fort Collins emailed me in the hope that we could hang out together. Three times emailing were back and forth between us, and finally we decided to see at the Starbucks on Collegue Ave.
When I got there, I was so suprised to see a lady waving her hand at me from the corner of the coffeshop. It might not be difficult for her to identify me becasue I was the only woman from Asian country among women walking around there at that time. But, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was she who I met at the girls night out party. We laughed at each other a lot and were excited of meeting again. Unexpected, but so great to see her again for consistent hanging out, not just for one-time shot. We had a blast, chatting, laughing, and walking around. What a small world! I can't wait to see her again this Saturday night at the dance party at Lory Center.
I love Fort Collins where I am able to see people from all over the world. The atmosphere is friendly for foreigners like me to live in and make friends. I never forget Fort Collins even after going back to my country in a year. Many friends!
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment