7/23/2008

Gardening


Gardening is not an unusual thing to do in the United States, for most of them have more chances for it than us because of some spaces (a front/back-yard) in their houses. In our apartment, there is a competition for gardening once a year, in August. A first place winner will get some prizes. A mother of My son's friend was said to be awarded last year. When talking about it to me this spring, my son wanted to participate in this year gardening competition. As I didn't say anything, he complained a lot about his wreched life, no fulling of gardening. I just ignored it because it was clear I wasn't capable of growing some flowers.

Sheily, my helpful friend, hooked me up to Carolyn for talking mates two week before today. Carolyn and I have browsed around any topics for fun and had much fun together, and, by good fortune, she likes talking. Somehow, I got to know Carolyn is such a devoting gardner, spending days taking care of her flowers and vegetables in the back yard. One of her friends initiated her to the world of gardening two years ago. She has done pretty well with growing ever since starting her gardening. Some have grown big and tall looking great, and others haven't gone through quite well. Back to my son's wish, one day we met, I asked her for advice or recommendation of what plants we could put on the ground at the small front yard of our house. It is summer time when I am much more available than ever, and if I miss this time, I bet I am not ganna grow anything ever. Most of all, I don't want to look at him in disappointment.

Kindly, after we discussed it, she brought us some of her flowers from her garden: three cosmos, a sun flower, and more(I don't know thier names. Their names were unfamiliar and difficult to remember). It was nice of her to get us some chances to grow them. I am going to move each of them to a big pot together with some soils and composers that she picked up for us. She is delicate enough that she didn't forget to bring a pebble to block a hole of the pot. In a hot day, water dries up quickly so this little rock keeps water from draining so fast, and as a result, it helps the plants to absorb water. I can't wait to see they bloom. Sooner or later, I will post thier pictures here.

No comments: