7/29/2008

A creepy week

To improve proficient speaking skill, I have a couple of friends to see at least onece a week. Most Friday mornings are set up to see Sheily at her house. That Friday, it was just usual Friday, exciting with the weekend coming close. Being out of gas, I dropped by the gas station on the way to hers. Hopping out of my car and swiping my Debt card at the pump, I pushed the gas door, touching it lightly to get it open. As it swung open, I put out my hand, unconsciously, to spin the gas cap. On the instant I could not help to pull my hand back because I felt like I glanced at something in there.

"Gee....What the heck is that?" I jumped off my car and nearly fell down. A little later on- maybe 5 seconds- I walked up to my car again, bending forward my body to take a close look at it. It was a small brown wallet for men. I paused a while to think what to do next. There, however, didn't seem to be any option but draw it out because it was stuck in over the gas cap: I need gas. While gas was going into my gas tank, I digged into the wallet and found it had a drive licence of Iillonis and a credit card that was apparently the drive licence owner's.

"A muder case?" This was what first flashed on my head. "No. No. It is absolutely a lost wallet that happen all the time" shook my head as hard as I could as if I whisked off my wrong vision. "Let's just calm down. It is nothing but a missing wallet." However, it sent shiver down my spine.

Sheily and I reported it to the police and heard that there was no loss report from the person of the drive licence. After I got a call from the police, I brought the police the wallet to wash my hands out of it. At the window, I heard that they found the owner, called him, and he was coming to the police to get it back to him. It was a very good news because it turned out to be no longer a homicide. Was I overacting? No...I wan't. I was scared that much.

But, something is still mysterious. Who squeezed it in there and why? Why in my car? Huh? Anyway, that person might have no intention to scare me. He/she just needed a little space to throw it in without any sinister motive. Unfortunately, he/she simply picked out my car for hiding place. It was just an isolated incident. That is it. This is what I want to believe. Just in case, however, be vigilant for a while.

No comments: