Honestly, I am not a good cook at all. The worst of it is that I used to hate cooking. What will we eat today? Making out a menu every morning caused me severe agony in Korea. Accordingly, I was a notorious cook even among my family, and began to be less confident with cooking. After living for two years in the United States, my thought about cooking has been changed a bit: making some international food is fun to try and a bunch of ingredient accessible make cooking more fun and exciting.
Cooking exotic things is fun. It is totally amusing to cook something that I've never experienced before. In addition, exotic food sounds like an expert's stuff that is assessed to need sort of high skills and techniques. Very often, however, I find it much easier to cook foreign food than Korean food.
Next, if it is difficult to get ingredient for foreign food, cooking shouldn't be attractive. I could not see myself cooking foreign stuff in Korea where ingredients sell only in certain far away area from my house. Buying or collecting rare spices looked extravagant. On the other hand, the story changes in the United States, the mixing pot of multi-nationalities. Exotic restaurants are found all over cities. It is a piece of cake to buy some spices for those exotic foods. Experiencing new spices inspires us to try it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment