8/05/2008

Getting new cellphones at the Verizonwireless

This morning, I found that we have lost cell phones when my son took them out to the playground yesterday. The fact is this. They were playing at the playground as usual-I usually let them play outside till dinner, but as my daughter was not in my sight, I called him with a bit anxiety to make sure she was fine. To a 11 year-old boy, his mother's calling on his particular occasion-playing with kids- was an evil itself. He didn't want to waste a single second answering the phone when going out to play. So, he hatched a plot to stop Mom from calling. Then, how? "Put Mom's phone under my care for a while. Fine. Go get her phone".
While I was indulging in giving the last touch on the anthology, he slipped out our house taking my cell phone away from me not to let me call him again. What a silly boy! Why shouldn't he ask me not to call him again instead carrying my phone with him?

The matter was my son is an amazingly forgetable guy. He was so absorbed in his playing and forgot he had left two phones on grass. You could imagine how I was mad at him this morning when I figured out my phone was gone. His sobbing lasted thirty minutes.

Very frustrated, I went to the Verizonwireless to get new phones. With some luck, we were able to get two new phones for only about $25. It wasn't bad. Rather, it was good for us to get new ones with very cheap price. Since I have been a customer at Verizon almost two years so I was qualified $100 discount to upgrade my phone. The phone for my son, too, offered the mail-in rebate of $50. However, as this offer will go on with 2 year contracts from today, I wasn't sure about this offer at first because I am going to leave for Korea next summer. Then, I will be charged the penalty for breaking the contract, which isn't good for me. So, the attendant assured me that they won't charge me any penalty if I go out of the state to abroad. I will be fine if I show them the out of states mailing address as an evidence when I want to let me get out of the contract. It sounded a good deal. If so, there weren't any excuses for refusing this offer.

My glancing at him on the way back home, he was excited to get a new phone, and at the same time sorry for losing phones. He didn't say anything because he didn't know what to say. If he hadn't lost phones, he must shout for joy with new phone. He knew that this timing wasn't only for joy so he was just fingerring his brand new cell phone all the way home.

Now, he is playing with his sister, remarkably forgetting about what he has done. What a short memory!

No comments: