Today should be recorded as a historical day for Judy. Her loosing tooth was finally pulled out at school. At a pick up line at her school, she yelled so loudly at me, getting into our van,"Mom, I got my tooth out today, and it didn't hurt at all" She was so excited, showing her little tooth box on her little palm. I knew her two lower teeth have begun to loose awhile, but I totally forgot about her teeth with school getting started. Wow! Judy! You've grown up. Way to go!
Hum..It was strange feeling. It is like I am a real mom whose girl begins to grow. I know my girl has continuously grown up little by little since being born, but I am always unaware of her growing up, and she looks same to me being together with her every time. Maybe it is a physical sign that makes me again realize she is getting big; her first crying, first truing over, first eye contacts, first words, first song, first drawing, first birthday, first day of school, etc, etc., It's been a while for me to see some sort of signs of her growing. Then, when will the next sign come and what is it?
In the United States, when it comes to a kid having a tooth pulled out, there seem to be a story with a fairy and some money in it. Once a kid has a tooth taken out, it gets to be under/by kids' pillows in bed. Later that night, a fairly visits him/her to take out his/her tooth, and gets him/her some money for the tooth. Funny! In Korea, when I was little, I was told that if I throw my tooth above the roof of our house, a magpie flies to the roof that night while I am sleeping to pick up my tooth and it will give me a new tooth. Therefore, I was seriously worried about my new tooth when I failed to get my tooth to land safely on the roof. What if a magpie could not find my tooth? I could not sleep a wink that night, being anxious about my new tooth would not come out again. Pure in heart.
To Judy, I promised her to sell her tooth to a fairy later after her Daddy will see her baby tooth this Christmas when he visits us. So, Judy keeps it in her treasure box.
Hum..It was strange feeling. It is like I am a real mom whose girl begins to grow. I know my girl has continuously grown up little by little since being born, but I am always unaware of her growing up, and she looks same to me being together with her every time. Maybe it is a physical sign that makes me again realize she is getting big; her first crying, first truing over, first eye contacts, first words, first song, first drawing, first birthday, first day of school, etc, etc., It's been a while for me to see some sort of signs of her growing. Then, when will the next sign come and what is it?
In the United States, when it comes to a kid having a tooth pulled out, there seem to be a story with a fairy and some money in it. Once a kid has a tooth taken out, it gets to be under/by kids' pillows in bed. Later that night, a fairly visits him/her to take out his/her tooth, and gets him/her some money for the tooth. Funny! In Korea, when I was little, I was told that if I throw my tooth above the roof of our house, a magpie flies to the roof that night while I am sleeping to pick up my tooth and it will give me a new tooth. Therefore, I was seriously worried about my new tooth when I failed to get my tooth to land safely on the roof. What if a magpie could not find my tooth? I could not sleep a wink that night, being anxious about my new tooth would not come out again. Pure in heart.
To Judy, I promised her to sell her tooth to a fairy later after her Daddy will see her baby tooth this Christmas when he visits us. So, Judy keeps it in her treasure box.
2 comments:
ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.
Hello Judy,
I am Qing Tian, a doctoral student of Georgia State University at Atlanta, GA, USA. I am studying individuals’ blogging motivations and behavior for my dissertation. I cordially invite you to participate in my study. You are randomly selected from millions of bloggers. Participation in this survey is voluntary. If you do take part, you may drop out at any time. Your answers to the questionnaire will be kept confidential and will be used for research purpose only.
The online questionnaire is located at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=xkVRkuhvvuiOlMrFDlxkLA_3d_3d
It will take you approximately 15-30 minutes to finish. Please feel free to forward this link to your friends or family who also write personal blogs.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Qing Tian
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Communication
Georgia State University
Email: qtian2@gsu.edu
Office: 404-413-5672
Post a Comment