In Daum (http://www.daum.net), an Internet searching engine like Google in Korea, I saw a comment on something about the American. She got a sense that the American seemed to hate to get out of their cars after watching a lot of cars wait at Drive-through lines to get some services. It was funny because I had once thought in that way.
Fast foods and coffee? They are OK. I'd heard a lot about these services in the United States, which people speak to a invisible person first and move a little further to get food at a window. And I've tried them several times. I STILL end up ordering again at the window. Ugh!
But, banking service at drive through? Wait a minute! Are you serious? Is it a big deal to walk a little to get money at Bank? You know, for sure it takes less 5 minutes to do that. But why? for security? I don't know.
I have a sort of funny experience with drive through at Bank. It was in San Diego two years ago when I first saw driving through at a bank. Just in time, I needed some money when I passed by driving-through. Without second thought, I turned my car to the driving-through after I checked there was no car in line. "Good timing, even if I make a mistake, I would be safe." However, as moving closer and closer, I felt something might be wrong. Actually, what I expected was there might be a banking clerk in the window to serve us like other fast food restaurants. There was, however, only an ATM machine.
"Hello? is any body in there?" No answer. It meant I should work with this machine to get money out. OK. Cool. I can do that. But......I didn't pull my car up close enough to reach the ATM machine from my car. I tried to reach out, but it was useless. Dam* it. I could not help but get off my car to touch the buttons. While I was trying to figure out what to do, standing right in front of the machine, a car was coming up to the line. Wonderful! Time to let me look stupid again. Hey, Don't look at me that way. I know it is a drive-through where I am supposed to be in my car. You know...at first try, everyone looks foolish. OK? Anyway, I had a awful time standing out of my car at drive through.
No comments:
Post a Comment