If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent.(Isaac Newton)
9/04/2008
Trucks
Imported automobiles are RARELY seen in Korea because of the limitative automobile importing policy that Korean government has controlled to protect Korean automobile companies. It, therefore, becomes an excitement to have a look over automobiles in different models, styles, and usages in the United States. While enjoying diversities, I observed an interesting thing about vehicles. That is there are a lot of pick-up trucks around here. No wonder that I felt marvelous with that, for we have a different perception about owning trucks. In Korea, trucks are just owned by people whose jobs are related to constructions or delivery. So, trucks are way less preferable amongst us. Moreover, I think our trucks are designed just for constructions with unattractive appearances, so there are not much consideration to buy them as our vehicles. On the other hand, their owning trucks does not seem to be as much directly related with their jobs as we do. Delivery charges could be one of the reasons trucks at home are more popular than in Korea where there is no delivery charge. Anyway, their pick up trucks might be for all purposes. Last year, I met one of my classmates to do our project on making lesson plan about food. When she walked toward a pick up truck to move to another place, I was a bit embarrassed. No way in Korea that a college students steers a truck to go to school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment