Lighting is so important that we could not bear staying in darkness even for a second. We usually feel scared in a dead dark limited room. Human beings are thoroughly dependent on lighting. Had it not been for lighting, we must have been in a dread of the night. Let's begin with what the lighting fixtures look like in Korea. All houses equip with the electronic lightings hanging from the ceiling. If you move out and in the new house, you do not need to purchase lighting stuff because those are permanently fixed pieces of equipment at every room in houses. Niether did you plug in. Just switch on, we can light on. Only in case of auxiliary lighting, you need to plug in and turn it on.
The contrary, in the United States, bulit-in lighting are only in the kitchen, corridors, and the bath room. The bed and living room just have the wall outlets(concent in Konglish). There are no lightings at all in the rooms. The good thing is that you could place the lamps anywhere you want inside room since those lights are not fixed on the wall. Whereas Korea houses have 1-1 switchs to all the lighting, each room has only one switch near the door to turn on the main light in the United States. At first, I did not know there was a switch for lighting, so I always staggered along the wall groping for the light in a dark room.
I am living at an apartment in San Diego, CA. Moreover, since this apartment is the first dwelling for me here, I think I could be wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment