3/06/2007

Pet & Park






Since I am a long-term traveler, I needed some tips of Denver city;what to do and where to go. The pamphlet arrived a week after I subscribed to it over the internet at the Denver Official Office website. That was a guide book for those who want to know Denver well.

Anyway, I drove out to I-25 and took an exit 206A to go to the Washington Park. According to that guide book, the Washington park is considered as the most beautiful park around Denver. The Washington park picture posted in that book was attractive enough to catch my eyes and my mind. It has two big lakes and a charming garden in there. Hit the road!

The park was a just usual park which could be seen anywhere in neighbor. What was special with this park? Parking my car along the curve, I took one trail being continued to the Washington Park. My eyes were so busy to try to look for something gorgeous and elegant enough to stun me. My carmera was all set up to take a wonderful shot.

Was I expecting so much? Nothing special there. Some areas of the park were under the construction and maintenance. One lake went dry and exposed the lake bottom in part. All flowers in garden were pulled up so I just guessed that it might be one of gardens which I saw from the picture of the guide book I have. I could not fully understand why this park was ranked as the nearly most beautiful park in Denver. The timing, February the very early spring, was not good to enjoy this park's benefit. Maybe.

By the way, the park does not look like ours. Every park in the United States just adjoins the houses so the community residents seem come and go with ease to work out or take some break. Strictly, American Parks do not feast our eyes or delight our eyes so much with gorgeous, brilliant, and splendid attraction. They think it more important to provide people with the place and time for relaxaion and keep the nature as it is. In comparison with the Unites States, it appears that our civic parks emphasize a little bit more artificial landscape architecture. Koreans prefer to see something unforgettable in our lives rather than relax.






However, I observed something very interesting to me there. Sitting in a bench and reading a newpaper, I got to know that there are many people who worked out with their own pets. Running pets and following owners. ^^ I was under the false impression that I was in the pet training park or something like that. It reminded me of seeing many people taking a stroll with thier dogs in neighbor. Everywhere and anytime, dogs come under my observation. (I could not took many shots of people who passed by me because I was afraid of hurting their feeling.)

That was another difference from us. Pets are increasing more and more in Korea, yet not as many as in the America. As the great part of our houses are the apartments, it is not adequate for us to keep a pet. Somehow, someone could have a pet, but almost every pet in Korea is tiny and small breed. Having a giant and big dog is rareness and seldomness. For instance, when a uncommon big dog strolled along the city park with his owner, we stared at them until they disappeared from sight. To the extent, it was unusual to have a big dog in Korea.

In the United States, they have such a big dog for pet. It might be because their country is also big so much. I already knew that the American really love having a pet, but it was really exciting for me to personally watch something in the United States that I had just heard a long way off.

2 comments:

aRio said...

You look enjoying yourself in Denver!!

Even though the park does not have any specialty, it's great to see people having a good time. It heals us and increases our energy :)

I can see the snow unmelted in the park, yet the woman is wearing short pants. Holy cow!

JUDY said...

Dear Rico..
Yes. I am trying to enjoy meself in Denver. I ganna otherwise sluggish.

Everymorning, when I was left alone, I often make a list of places or things that I have to visit or do in Denver.

It is fun for me to kill time. ^^