It might be last year when I ordered this book from my son's school. My son neither glanced at this book nor touched the cover of the book at all. It was left forgotten. It was surely accident that it came to my hands.
My arranging seungwoo's shelves, this book standed out conspicuously and I picked it up as this month's book for my son. Seungwoo ,still, refuged to read it because it was he thought beyond his ability. In fact, this is a book of more than 280 pages and the number of characters per page is at least 1,300 or more. For this reason, this book after all fell into my hands.
Before seeing this book, I just thought that this book should be dull and flat, for this diary was just kept during 1942 or so when Anne Frank and her family had lived at Secret Annex to go into hiding from Germany, and it sounded very trival and monotonous. A diary about the life of the limited space for about a year and a half? What on earth is special?
But, Anne described her life very vivid and graphically. Especially, like a teenager girl, she recorded exquisite feeling of her love during this period. She seemed to little by little grew up discreet with sudden changes in her life like quarrels, love, and bickerings. Though she was in no desirable surroundings, she tried to look in the bright sides. There are a few her sayings which make me moving.
"Think of all the beauty that's still left in and around you and be happy!" "I've found that there is always some beauty left-in nature, sunshine, freedom, in yourself;these can all help you. " "Whoever is happy will make others happy too." " He who has courage and faith will never perish in misery!"
Is she a really young girl? So ashamed! Even in my late thirty, I 've complaned a lot of my shortcoming and surroundings. I've always tried to put the blame on my family;I am not happy because my husband does not help me and my kids do not listen to me, and so on. On the contrary, I have found that there are always dear left around me. No complaints any more!
No comments:
Post a Comment