12/14/2007

Notice of Absent

Woo! Final was over! I feel like flying.

We are going skiing next week. To say it more exactly, we have to. We bought the ski season passes, and they are to be issued only when we fulfil three ski lessones before Dec. 19th. I've done none of three up until now. I'd better take three lesson in a row from next Mon. to Wed. But, my son's school breaks up next Thursday. We have to get him to leave school for 4 days. When I got to school to pick him up, I went into the office to give the notice of absence. In the United States, the roles betwen the office and teachers seem to be much more distinguised than Korea. Parents get in touch with the office in case of the administravie affairs. Here, of course, I inform son's teacher of my son's absence before we leave, but teachers always told me that I need to report it to the office. I think Korean parents usually let the class teacher know what they do rather than notify the office of children's absence, etc. I have no memory of getting in touch with the office to let them know my children's absence in Korea. Did I do that? Hum..Dim memories!

No comments: