If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent.(Isaac Newton)
9/04/2013
Be yourself.
On my way to work, I listened to the CNN Student News through the English application installed on my mobile. One of the issues controlled today was the biggest challenge to teen-age students. They talked a lot about their issues; they didn't know what to do to fit in their peer groups. I felt their source of trouble was not that much different from one at my age. I know that being different is good, but how to be accepted by people around me could be another issue. On that show, the advice made for this is 'be yourself'. Be natural and let them know who you really are. I heard of it a lot. However, being myelf seems easier said than done. I always hesitate to do what I think is right while watching people's faces and consider what they think. Do I need to build self-esteem and confidence? Probably, yes. It requires a lot of courage not to hide behid a mask and show them my bare. I am a timid person. That is a problem. It is hard to take my heart. Then what? Am I alternatively be indifferent to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment